Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Laundry closet gets a little nicer

The one thing I will have to get used to in the beach house is the lack of storage, including a laundry "closet" as opposed to the for real laundry room I have here in Tennessee, which has it's has it's own closet and has a base cabinet with sink.  In the beach house, the laundry closet is off the hall between the two guest bedrooms and has just enough space for the washer and dryer with a small storage unit between the two.
When we bought the house, the only storage was a wire shelf running along the back wall.
A before photo...
After much needed scrubbing (there was years of accumulated crud on the floors) and washing down the walls, I removed the shelving, patched the holes, and painted it sage green. My contractor found an unfinished cabinet at a salvage place for a good price, and hung it for me. I purchased a new washer and dryer and found a storage cart online that sits between the two.

I decided to add a little board and batten to give the closet a little personality. It still has to be finished an a second coat of paint added. I'll update this post when it's all finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment