Monday, September 7, 2009

Life's a Beach or How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love The War Against Sand.

Yes, sand.
It's what the beach is, and what the beach has. It's what my washer and dryer have, it's what the bathtub has. It's what's between the cushions on the couch. And so on and so on.
On my first day back to the condo (also affectionately known as My Happy Place),
I have been doing battle with what was once part of the Great Appalachian Mountain Chain.

http://www.nps.gov/archive/guis/extended/MIS/MNature/Islands.htm

If I could return some of the sand in the condo to it's origins I'm sure the elevation of Clingmans Dome would increase.

Broom and dustpan are my friends today, and while washing 5 loads of sheets I am now familiar with the sound of sand going round 'n round the drum of the dryer. Thank God there is a NCIS marathon on USA network today and the headslaps are drowning out the sound.
The reward at the end of this all is the thought of some pizza from Lillians. If you've had it, you know why.
http://www.lillianspizza.com/

Peace out!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Very funny! Can I start using you as a consultant on my blog? I enjoyed it, keep it up!
    <3 Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited that you have a blog! I can't wait to see more entries! :)

    Love,
    Ebis

    ReplyDelete